Arrested? Let Our Experience Work for You

Arrested? Let Our Experience Work for You

When you or a family member have been charged, or accused of a crime, every minute counts. We at the Cromartie Law Firm, are here to help you. I’m a practicing criminal defense attorney, and a former prosecutor, let my experience work for you.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! Before obtaining an attorney, anything you say to the police can be used against you later. You have a constitutional right to remain silent. Use it. Your silence cannot be used against you later. When you have retained an attorney, or otherwise invoked your right to counsel, the police are no longer allowed to talk to you. All communication must be through your attorney.

GET OUT OF JAIL! Within 24 hours of arrest, Florida law requires you to be brought before a judge for a First Appearance. At this hearing, the judge will determine the amount you are required to post in order to bond out of jail. At this hearing, we can challenge probable cause for your arrest, move to have the bond lowered, or that you should be released on your own recognizance.

GET YOUR CHARGES DROPPED! After you are arrested, the State Attorney’s Office will decide whether to formally charge you with a crime. It is the policy of the State Attorney’s Office not to speak with persons charged with crimes. They will not talk to you about your case. Therefore, they often make filing decisions without knowing your side of the story. Don’t let that happen. We’ll contact them on your behalf before they make a filing decision. CONTACT US NOW.

LET US GO TO COURT FOR YOU! As soon as your case is filed with the court, you will be set for an Arraignment. Thereafter, the court will set monthly Pre-Trial dates to have a status conference on your case. If you hire us, you will not have to take a day off of work, or school to attend those hearings which can easily take up half the day. We will appear for you. You will never have to attend those dates until we tell you that you have to.

CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION! As a former prosecutor, and now defense attorney, I’ve handled thousands of all kinds of criminal cases including all varieties of juvenile offenses, traffic offenses, misdemeanors, and felonies. Let my experience work for you. Call me, or email me today for a free initial consultation.

We handle the following crimes:

All Misdemeanors
All Felonies
DUI Administrative Hearings
Felony DUI
DUI Manslaughter
Driving While License Suspended 
Traffic Offenses
Drug Offenses
Criminal Traffic Offenses
Assault and Battery
Domestic Violence
Firearms and Gun Offenses
Internet Fraud and online schemes to defraud
White Collar Crimes
Felony murder
Probation and Community Control violations
Sex Offenses
Theft and burglary
Bond Hearings 
Juvenile Delinquency 
Appeals and Post-Conviction Relief
Sealing and Expungement of Criminal Records


If you have been arrested for the charge of DUI, contact a DUI lawyer immediately. DUI charges are serious. They have serious consequences on your finances, and your freedom. You need an experienced DUI attorney to protect your rights, and aggressively fight your case. As a former prosecutor, and defense attorney, I’ve handled thousands of DUI cases. Call, or email me today for a free consultation. CONTACT US NOW FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION!!

DUI CHARGES ARE SERIOUS! If you have been arrested for a DUI, you have been charged with a criminal offense. A first time DUI is punishable by up to 6 months in jail. A DUI conviction can mean losing your license. The minimum license suspension for a first time DUI is six months. Your insurance company will likely cancel you, or send your premiums skyrocketing. If you need your license to drive to work, or if driving is your work, it can cause you to lose your job.

GET YOUR LICENSE BACK! The State of Florida automatically suspends your driver’s license when you have been arrested for DUI, and your blood alcohol content is over the limit, or you have refused a blood, breath, or urine test. In order to contest this suspension, you must challenge your suspension with the DHSMV no longer than 10 days after your arrest. If you qualify, they will also issue hardship licenses during your suspension so that you can continue to drive for employment purposes, or school for the duration of your suspension.

GET YOUR CHARGES REDUCED! As far as the criminal charge of DUI is concerned, it has potentially very serious consequences. It can cost you thousands of dollars, restrict your privilege to drive, deprive you of your freedom. After your first conviction, it gets exponentially worse. The mandatory jail gets longer, as does the suspension of your license. You can be charged with a felony upon your third conviction for a DUI, and a fourth DUI conviction requires a lifetime revocation of your driver’s license.


If you are issued a traffic citation, it can affect your finances, and your license status.

GET YOUR POINTS WITHHELD! In the event we are not able to get your ticket dismissed, we then ask the court to withhold adjudication. Withholding adjudication means that you will not receive any points for the violation. This is invaluable for insurance purposes, or if you have a commercial driver’s license.

GET YOUR TICKET DISMISSED! First and foremost, our goal when we go to court is to get your ticket dismissed. We will talk to the officers, review any and all paperwork, including the radar documentation for speeding tickets, and lastly, will have a hearing on your case, if we decide that your case is a winnable case at trial.

Before you pay your traffic ticket, find out what the Cromartie Law Firm, can do for you. Contact us immediately for knowledgeable legal counsel and strong client advocacy in your traffic citation defense.

Our attorneys represent clients in all traffic violation cases. The following is a list of Florida's traffic offenses and their corresponding penalty points:
  • Leaving the scene of an accident, resulting in property damage of more than $50 (6 points)
  • Speeding, resulting in an accident (6 points)
  • Reckless driving (4 points)
  • Moving violations resulting in an accident (4 points)
  • Passing a stopped school bus (4 points)
  • Driving during restricted hours (3 points)
  • Speeding ticket (3-4 points)
  • Moving violations (3 points)
  • Curfew violations (3 points)
  • Open container violations (3 points)
  • Improper equipment or unsafe conditions violations (2 points)
Even a simple speeding ticket will end up costing you more than the amount on the ticket. Your insurance rates may increase, you could face denial of insurance coverage, or your license may be suspended. Penalties for offenses such as racing can even cost you your license.

An accumulation of traffic violations points could result in a suspension of your driver's license. The penalty for receiving 12 points within a 12-month period is a 30-day suspension, 18 points within an 18-month period is a three month suspension, and if you receive 24 penalty points within 36 months, you could lose your license for one year.

Do not let your traffic citation become a license suspension. Let us put our knowledge to work for you. Act quickly. For a free initial consultation with an aggressive attorney, contact the Cromartie Law Firm today.

Getting arrested for domestic violence is not only traumatic, but can have immediate serious consequences. The first one is that you’ll spend the night in jail. At first appearance the next day, the Judge can order that you have no contact with the victim, and that you can’t return home until the case has been resolved. The victim may also initiate a civil injunction hearing against you, and/or divorce proceedings. We, at the Cromartie Law Firm, handle all of those proceedings. A criminal conviction will adversely affect the injunction and divorce proceedings, and vice versa. If you have been arrested for domestic violence, you should contact us immediately for a free initial consultation.

WHAT IF MY CHILD GETS ARRESTED? If your child is arrested, or charged with a crime, call us immediately. Juvenile charges can have potentially serious consequences. Potential punishments can include confinement in a juvenile commitment facility. Some prosecutions can also result in your child being charged as an adult. We, at the Cromartie Law Firm, have extensive experience with the juvenile delinquency system. We can move the court to have your child released from detention, negotiate the charges with the State Attorney’s Office, and appear in court on your child’s behalf. Do not delay. Contact us today to protect your child’s rights.

I went to trial and lost, is there anything that can be done?
Yes, depending on the circumstances you may be able to ask for a new trial, or appeal the guilty verdict. If you have lost a trial, time is of the essence. You may be able to ask for a new trial, or appeal any errors made during your trial. However, there are very strict deadlines for filing motions for new trial, or appeals. Delay can cost you your freedom. Contact us at the Cromartie Law Firm immediately for a free initial consultation on your case.

I entered a plea to a criminal charge, now I don’t think I should have, is there anything I can do?
Yes. The law does not allow you to remove your plea, because you have “buyer’s remorse”. However, if you have a sufficient legal reason, you can move the court to remove your plea, or can file an appeal to have it removed. All of these options have strict deadlines. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.

I want to have the terms of my probation changed, or terminated early, is that possible?
Yes. The Judge reserves the right to modify your probation requirements at any time, and may terminate your probation early if you have successfully completed all of your probation requirements. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.

Having a criminal record can be embarrassing, and have a negative impact on your job opportunities. If you meet the eligibility criteria contained within Florida Statutes 943.0585, and 943.059, you can either seal these charges from public view, or have them removed from your record altogether. At the Cromartie Law Firm, we have never had a request to seal or expunge a record denied. Before, we file for a sealing or expungment, we determine if you’re eligible, and then, we file. If you have a charge you want expunged, or sealed, call us today for a free initial consultation.

Website Builder